Bill of Sale and Health Guarantee
Magnum Yorkies has on this date _______, 2012, sold to buyer a Yorkshire Terrier female/male puppy.
Litter registration number _____, DOB ____.
Amount paid: $_______, non-refundable reservation fee. Balance of $ ______, is due before taking possession of the puppy, for a total purchase price of $_____ for this puppy. If balance is paid via PayPal please add 4% for their fees.
Shipping fee of $________ and purchase price must be paid at least 10 days before the puppy’s flight is scheduled. If picking up the puppy in person the balance must be paid for in cash. If this puppy will be living or picked up in Missouri sales tax of 5.475% will be due. Sales tax due at pick up $________.
1. All puppies are sold as pet quality, there are no guarantees, expressed or implied, as to adult size of puppy, show potential, temperament, or breeding soundness.
2. The puppy is in sound body and good health at the time of the sale. The puppy has been wormed prior to sale and has had its first vaccinations for parvovirus, distemper, adenovirus, and parainfluenza. A health record and record of vaccinations given will be sent with the puppy. For maximum protection we recommend that this puppy receive more vaccinations as scheduled by your vet, however, this breeder recommends that Yorkies not be given leptospirosis in any vaccine but especially not before the puppy is one year old. If Lepto vaccination is given this entire contract is void. Breeder refers all questions about health care, including vaccinations, worming, and heartworm prevention to qualified vets. We recommend you talk to your vet about spaying or neutering your pet and follow his advice as to when this should be done.
3. Buyer is to arrange a puppy check up by a qualified vet within 2 days of receiving puppy (not including Sundays). Breeder shall be notified immediately in the event that the puppy has an illness or does not eat well. Failure to have the vet check done or notify breeder of illness or poor eating will void this warranty. Breeder shall NOT reimburse any veterinary expenses incurred by the buyer. Breeders warranty is limited to a replacement puppy, upon the immediate return of the puppy (uninjured or harmed), its registration papers, and a written veterinarian’s statement that includes the complete diagnosis of what makes the puppy unfit. Not covered-- internal or external parasites, injury, allergies, events leading to heat exhaustion or hypothermia, or hypoglycemia.
4. Your new puppy is guaranteed to be free from congenital defects making him/her unsuitable as a pet for 1 year from date of birth. If your puppy is found to have any life threatening congenital defect you must notify us immediately, and supply us within 5 days of diagnosis, with your veterinarian’s written report. We reserve the right to have the diagnosis verified by another veterinarian of our choice before exchange and/or to require the buyer to have specific tests run on the puppy to verify the diagnosis before exchange. The breeder has the right to require the puppy to be returned to them before any replacement puppy is given. When the puppy is replaced it will be replaced with one of equal value as soon as available or when a veterinarian’s written verification that dog was euthanized is received. Puppy must not be euthanized without prior written approval from the breeder or this guarantee is void. Buyer understands that the following slight genetic defects are not considered serious or life threatening and therefore are not covered--hernias, undescended testicle, under or over shot bites. Buyer understands that replacement option is only valid when health problems are attributed to a hereditary problem and are not due to accident or injury. Because both collapsing trachea and luxating patellas can be caused by injury and or environment they are not covered.
5. Replacement puppies may be chosen from any breeding that we have available that is similar in price to what you paid for the puppy. If you should want a more expensive puppy, we ask only that you pay the difference. Value of puppies is determined by the breeder. All shipping expenses will be the responsibility of the buyer.
6. Kennel cough and other communicable diseases are not covered after your veterinarian’s initial exam. Failure to follow the veterinarians recommended medical advice and/or treatment will void this warranty.
7. If shipping has been approved by breeder, arrangements will be made between breeder and buyer. Puppy becomes the sole responsibility of the buyer once the breeder delivers the puppy to the transport personnel and puppy is in their care.
8. This guarantee applies only to the original owner of the puppy.
BUYER AGREES: They have read the first page of this agreement and that:
1. This puppy is not being bought for resale and is to be kept as a house dog. It shall be maintained and kept under the personal control of the buyer. This puppy shall be given adequate housing, food, vet care, and shall in no manner be mistreated, neglected, or allowed to roam freely. We recommend a fenced in yard. This puppy is sold as pet quality; warranty is void if dog has been bred. Since puppy is being sold as pet quality AKC registration papers will be limited registration, this puppy may not be registered with another dog registry without the written permission of the breeder.
2. If circumstances become so that the buyer cannot keep this dog, buyer promises not to sell, give away, or trade the dog to any shelter, humane society, auction, or rescue group. This dog must be returned to the breeder if the buyer is unable to keep it for any reason. In certain circumstances the breeder may allow the buyer to place the dog in another pet home if arrangements are discussed with breeder in advance. However, if placed in another home the buyer will notify the breeder of the dog’s new owner’s names, their mailing address and phone numbers. The dog must be spayed/neutered before being placed in another home. If the buyer is unable to provide a suitable home for the dog, the dog shall be returned to the breeder at no cost to the breeder.
3. Buyer has read the hypoglycemia information, including prevention, symptoms, and treatment, and fully understanding the information, accepts this puppy under these conditions.
4. Buyer agrees the entire contract is void if they do not continue the vaccination series, give the Lepto vaccine, deprive the puppy of medical treatment needed, or physically abuse the puppy in any way. This contract does not cover injury, illness, or death from accidents or neglect. It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide a safe and healthy environment. This guarantee is null and void upon any evidence of abuse or neglect, or if the buyer fails to complete vaccinations, wormings, and puppy checks with a qualified veterinarian. Breeder will not replace or refund for a puppy’s illness caused by neglect, exposure to weather, or injury.
5. Buyer agrees by signing below that under no circumstances will payment be stopped on any check, money order, cashier’s check, or PayPal payments which breeder has accepted for payments or reservation fees. There will be no PayPal charge backs.
This written agreement is a binding contract, and is the only agreement between the buyer and the seller. Any dispute regarding this agreement shall be brought solely in Camden County, Missouri. All legal issues and/or court action will be filed in Camden County, Missouri.
Buyer’s phone number_______________________
Buyer’s email address _______________________
Seller: Teresa Magness_____________________
P.O. Box 311
Montreal Mo 65591